What is this Shortcut Virus?
Computer Virus infection is only removed through antivirus programs, but this time we are talking about Shortcut Virus, a brand new present day virus automatically comes to your PC/USB/SD card and convert all of your content into a shortcut. a while this virus makes you content material invisible (not showing) and garage displaying nonetheless full. the first aspect I actually were given mad about Shortcut virus hassle isn’t detachable through anti-virus programs, even whilst you test the shortcut virus inflamed location with an antivirus, it responds No virus detected & it becomes absolutely confusing. folks that don’t know how to put off this virus, they just perform a format over inflamed storage. in case you’re helpless to layout your storage, so please don’t try this once more, because it isn’t always a authentic answer. if your storage didn’t incorporate files or something critical, then you should layout your garage because formatting also a another approach to flush out shortcut virus.
The motive of this virus is an internet, 1/3 celebration software program, USB storage and extra. someday when you join a pen force for your buddy’s laptop for replacing information, however you didn’t recognize your friend’s PC is already infected by a shortcut virus. As you join the pen pressure returned for your laptop, the virus turns into part of your computer.
Eliminate Shortcut Virus from Pen drive & SD Card
There are special methods to get rid of this virus, first is the use of CMD and secondary is using a software. First scan the infected storage with an antivirus, after which go for the below techniques. if your USB is bootable then it may change to regular.
Method 1 > By command prompt
follow the steps below to dispose of shortcut virus by CMD:
- Run Command prompt as Administrator. (Windows key + R > Type cmd & press Enter OR right click on Startbutton and select command prompt (Admin)).
- Connect your infected USB storage drive with your Computer.
- Scan USB with an antivirus program (Not necessary but sometimes useful) and if the antivirus finds any viruses, so delete it.
- Type the following command in Command prompt:attrib -h -r -s /s /d F:\*.*, (Where, F is the USB drive letter) and press Enter.
- Copy the data from USB flash drive to your computer.
- Format the USB drive.
- Copy all the data back to the USB drive.
Now all Shortcut files are fixed and working as normal files.
Method 2 > By Software
- Download USBFIX from link below and install it.
- Close all programs running in the taskbar and Launch USBFIX.
- Connect all of your shortcut virus infected USB drives with computer, and Choose
- Wait and virus from all connected USB drives goes automatically fix.
- Restart your PC.
- You can check restored files log on your desktop.
Now your USB is virus free
Use .bat Shortcut Virus Remover from link below.